Any items returned by a customer MUST have a valid proof of purchase proving the item was bought from Junction 29. No refund, credit or exchange will be permitted without a valid receipt or proof of purchase that the item was bought from Junction 29 (eg credit card/bank card statement).
Staff must check that all the items have been returned
- Check items returned against the contents listed on the box or by obtaining another item from stock
- Ensure that all leads, remote controls, batteries, instructions and original packaging are included
- The Customer Warranty slip must also be filled in
- Customer contact details must be obtained and checked against the TV/CB Sales Book where applicable
1. PRODUCT(S) RETURNED UNUSED, WITH ORIGINAL PACKAGING AND IN WORKING CONDITION
With a valid Junction 29 receipt/proof of purchase and bought within the last 28 days
a. Customers should be offered the opportunity to exchange the product for any item being sold by Junction 29 (any difference in price must be paid).
b. Should the customer ask for a refund, this should be made by the same method originally used to purchase the goods. (For example if the goods were paid for in cash, then a cash refund should be made. If the goods were purchased on a credit card, then the original credit card should be credited with the purchase value).
With a valid Junction 29 receipt/proof of purchase and bought more than 28 days ago
c. These items are outside the returns period. No refund, credit or exchange is permitted.
(NB – under certain circumstances, and if the items are still part of Junction 29’s current product range, returned items may be exchanged at the discretion of the Manager.)
2. ALL PRODUCT(S) RETURNED WHICH HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED AS FAULTY
With a valid Junction 29 proof of purchase and bought within 28 days or the warranty period
- On checking the goods we must ensure that the item is faulty – eg
– That it has not been damaged or tampered with
– That the original plug on the item has not been changed
a. Electrical products within the warranty period – less than £100 (eg Kettles, CB’s …..)
Customers should be offered the following options:-
i. To exchange the product, on a like for like basis (NB – we retain the new packaging)
ii. To exchange for an alternative product – upgrade/downgrade (any price difference must be paid)
iii. To receive a Credit Note for use against future SHOP purchases
b. Electrical products within the warranty period – more than £100 (eg Snoopers, TV’s, Cool Boxes …..)
NB – No exchanges or refunds can be made immediately
i. Take a record of the Customer’s details and advise them that the item will be returned to the Supplier for testing and we should have a decision within 14 days (as indicated at time of purchase)
ii. If after testing the Supplier agrees the goods are faulty, then an exchange will be granted, or a Credit Note provided for use against future SHOP purchases
iii. If the supplier does not agree there is a fault then no exchanges or refunds will apply
iv. Should there be any problems, please refer the Customer to a Manager